About Future Science Group
Founded in 2001, Future Science Group is a scientific publisher focused on breakthrough medical, biotechnological and scientific research. Originally, this meant publishing scholarly journals and eBooks – we publish 34 peer-reviewed journals and have published over 300 eBooks – focused on up-and-coming, hi-tech areas of science that touch medicine. Key titles include Epigenomics, Immunotherapy, Regenerative Medicine, Nanomedicine and the Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research.
By covering breakthrough areas, early in their development, we provide a focal point around which communities can convene. And so, in more recent years, we have launched eCommunity websites fed by news, video, webinars and other engaging content to provide a more complete resource for researchers and practitioners. Popular sites include RegMedNet, Bioanalysis Zone and The Evidence Base® – all closely partnered with their corresponding long-established scholarly journals.
Over time our products have evolved, but our overarching mission remains constant: to publish and curate robust, trustworthy content, and unite communities to advance science and medicine. Given this, we were excited to launch a new wing of Future Science Group in 2019, Future Science Events. As with all our content, the purpose of these events is to bring meaningful, outcome-led events, which support and enhance the progression of their respective fields.
Our first event, 3DMedLIVE, took place in October 2019 and was accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons of England. 3DMedLIVE focused on surgical applications of 3D printing, uniquely bringing together the community of surgeons, technicians, manufacturers, regulators and more, to share case stories and practical expertise in order to help drive this field forward. Powered by Future Science Events, the 3DMedLIVE was hosted by the Journal of 3D Printing in Medicine and e-community 3DMedNet.
Similar to 3DMedLIVE, Real-World Evidence 2022 will bring together key stakeholders from across the real-world evidence field, and facilitate progression with a mix of roundtables, panels and interactive conversations, as well as key presentations and panel discussions. Presented by the Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research and The Evidence Base, Real-World Evidence 2022 will be an intimate event with meaningful conversations and tangible outcomes, with a focus on practical applications of real-world evidence in the fields of rare diseases and innovative therapies, such as cell and gene therapies.
Testimonials from past events:
- “The team running the event could not have been more helpful and it was clear that they all had a passion for what they were doing. The team actually made the event better through the positive ‘vibe’ that they created. As someone who attends a huge number of conferences, I have not come across this before and the atmosphere that you all created was exceptionally enjoyable to be part of.” – Tim Brown, Surgeon, speaker at 3DMedLIVE 2019
- “Events like this are essential to really step forward in the next industrial revolution.” – Giuseppe Isu, Medics 3D, Sponsor at 3DMedLIVE
- “Thanks again for involving us at the 3D event last week. I had a great time and the content was excellent!” – Paul Barrett, Materialise, sponsor at 3DMedLIVE 2019
- “Thank you for all the work you put in to the event…From our point of view it was both enjoyable and worthwhile. We are following up with several of the contacts we made and hoping some new business will come out of it.” – Henry Pinchbeck, 3D Life Prints, sponsor at 3DMedLIVE 2019
About Real-World Evidence 2022: Rare Diseases & Innovative Therapies
In response to the need to convene all healthcare stakeholders – Pharma, Biotech & Medical Device Companies, HTAs and Regulators, Payers, Academics, Patient Advocacy Groups and Service Providers – we have launched Real-World Evidence 2022: Rare Diseases & Innovative Therapies in partnership with the Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research and The Evidence Base. Over two days, we’ll convene all members of the community who, together, can make use of RWE in rare diseases and innovative therapies.
As well as providing a platform for the presentation and discussion of ideas, offering the opportunity to connect with other stakeholders is core to the mission of Real-World Evidence 2022: Rare Diseases & Innovative Therapies. Communication is key to progressing this field, so over the two days there will be plenty of opportunities to network, meet new contacts and – of course – enjoy a drink at the evening reception!
About The Evidence Base
The Evidence Base is a community site from Future Science Group covering the latest news, opinions and insights concerning the collection and application of real-world data to real-world problems. The Evidence Base covers hot topics in real-world evidence, health economics, comparative effectiveness research, patient-centered decision making and much more. Through a partnership with our sister journal, the Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research, we seek to educate and inspire to help this exciting field move forward at an even faster rate.
About the Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research
The peer-reviewed Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research (ISSN: 2042-6305) provides a rapid-publication platform for debate, and for the presentation of new findings and research methodologies.
Articles published in the Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research cover key areas such as:
- Studies of patient-centered outcomes, effectiveness or comparative effectiveness yielding new findings relating to diagnostics, therapeutics, surgical procedures, or other healthcare services or options
- Systematic reviews of available evidence relating to the pros and cons of healthcare options for specific patient groups including precision medicine and comparative safety
- Perspectives and debate relating to the methodology of comparative effectiveness studies and best practice issues
- Commentary on both patient-relevant outcomes and economic implications
- Real-world evidence assessing the comparative safety and effectiveness of existing and new treatment strategies
- Direct ‘head-to-head’ comparisons of available diagnostic and therapeutic options – evaluating clinical alternatives with current standard of care
- Evaluation and interpretation of the findings of recently completed CER trials, as well as articles discussing the design and rationale of newly commenced studies
- Pharmacoeconomic studies, health economics and outcomes research
Got a question? Contact the RWE 2022 team via [email protected]